Home » HO Trains, Track and Accessories » HO Freight Cars
Funnel-Flow tank cars come in several lengths; dense, heavy liquids are shipped in shorter cars; lighter fluids move in the 54-footers. Many cars that haul thick liquids such as asphalt, molten sulfur and corn syrup, have internal heating coils to reheat the contents for faster unloading.
These larger capacity cars are used extensively by the oil industry for hauling heating oil, asphalt, lubricating oil and kerosene. They're also used in agriculture for hauling corn, oils, alcohol and feed additives, as well as in other industries for various liquids. These great-looking cars are so versatile they'll be at home on any modern-era railroad.
These models feature:
* Etched Metal Walkways & Platforms
* Factory-Applied Grab Irons
* Brake Train Pipe & Brake Rigging Underbody Detail
* Road-Specific Placement of Manways & Safety Valves
* Correct 36" Turned-Metal Wheelsets
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
« Previous | Next »